Monday, November 16, 2009

Commercial of the Week

I hate commercials. I usually don't even watch them. One of the prime functions of the remote is to allow my brain to avoid processing these thirty second pieces of advertising drivel.

But every once in awhile I'm too lazy to find the remote and a commercial catches my attention. So here comes an insightful new feature to look forward to...Commercial of the Week.



Is there anything really special about this HTC ad? No. Is it on every time I'm watching TV? Just about. So why does it even matter?

Well, because it features at its outset one of the most painful sounds in the human sound bank....the alarm. It's that miserable noise I hear every Monday and Wednesday morning at 7:15. And the alarm used in this commercial sounds just like mine (and surely many others). While I'm innocently watching Monday Night Football, I do not want to be brought back to the pain of rolling out of bed for class. It's almost bad as starting a commercial with fingernails scratching a chalkboard. Spare us this scare...it's hard enough watching the Browns offense!


No comments:

Post a Comment